Veteran Discount card – conditions of use
Sainsbury’s reserve the right to change the rules of the scheme or vary regulations regarding entitlements at any time. We’ll let you know about these changes via individual notification, published in the Veterans News and on the web-site.
1. Only you as a Sainsbury’s veteran and your spouse/partner can use your veteran discount card. A partner as a second user is only eligible if they live permanently at the same address as you.
2. When you receive your card, you and your nominated second user must sign the back immediately. If you do not have a second user you must sign both spaces.
3. You must immediately notify us of any changes to the personal circumstances of either user that could affect eligibility to use your card.
4. You are responsible for your card and how it is used. If you or your nominated second user breaches the rules the benefit could be withdrawn.
5. Loaning, altering, transferring or selling your discount card to anyone else is strictly forbidden.
6. If you purchase goods using your discount card, all payments must be made by you or your nominated user. The goods you buy must be for use by your household and you should not pay for someone else’s purchases. You must not receive any payment for the goods either from another person or a commercial business. You may buy gifts for friends and family members; however you must not receive any payment for the goods.
7. Our Eagle Eye Profit Protection team monitors discount usage very closely. They will investigate any instances where the card may have been misused.
8. If you wish to bulk purchase a particular product, you will need to get authorisation from the Store Manager before you do so.
9. When shopping online your discount card should be registered to your billing address. If you purchase goods for delivery to a different address, you must ensure the purchases are made within the rules of the scheme.
Terms and conditions:
10. Sainsbury’s reserve the right to change the scheme rules or vary regulations regarding entitlement at any time. We’ll let you know about these changes via individual notification, published in the Veterans News and on the web-site.
11. Sainsbury’s reserves the right to withdraw the benefit at any time and put a stop on your card.
13. If you return any goods for a refund, it is your responsibility to point out to the customer service colleague that you received a discount. The customer service colleague will deduct the discount given from the total amount to be refunded.
14. Discount is only available if a valid discount card is presented at the time of purchase and cannot be applied after the point of purchase.